The Ladies of Charity of Quincy is operated entirely by volunteers, and is always in need of additional volunteers.
There are many volunteer opportunities at the Ladies of Charity:
- Receive donations of items, sort, and distribute to various departments
- Sort, price, and display items and clothing at the Thrift Store
- Sort and display items and clothing at the Center
- Sort, bag, and stock food in the pantry
- Package bedding for distribution
- Help clients register
- Count, tally, and pack items chosen by clients
- repair items, mend clothing, replace zippers, or do laundry
Most volunteers donate 2 to 5 hours of their time per week.
Men are invited to assist the ladies, particularly with heavy lifting, transporting of items, and recycling.
If you feel that you are being called to serve the poor in the manner of St. Vincent De Paul and St. Louise de Marillac, call Rose at the Thrift Store—217-222-3541 or call Jan B. or Jane H. at the Center — 217-222-6359